Use Facial Recognition to Unlock iPhone – How to
The concept to unlock iPhone with facial recognition always sounds cool. Now you too can unlock your iPhone using facial recognition by simply waking up your device and using front facing camera to detect your face!
Appellancy iOS 7 to unlock iPhone with facial recognition:
No more sliding the slide to unlock, enter a passcode, or use TouchID! Simply unlock with face detection! A really exciting tweak has been released in beta that lets you unlock iPhone with facial recognition.
Add the repo cydia.abovezero.org and search for then search for Appellancy to get this cool way of unlocking your iPhone! Install the Appellancy jailbreak tweak and enable it in the settings. You also get a few settings that you can customize like disabling facial recognition when you have notifications on the lock screen or having it enable the passcode, etc.
Open the app from Springboard and you will see a Deny album where you can add people who are not allowed to unlock your device. In case you can’t find the Appellancy app in Springboard, remember the icon is not designed yet so you’d see a grid-icon. If not, the app is probably invisible and you need to tap to the next available empty space to start open it.
Create a new album with the + in the top right corner. Tap on the Start button to initiate the process of entering your image which will take some 10 pictures of you and then stop automatically. Ensure to hold the device in different angles to help the app detect even when you are not holding your phone in the front of your face. In case you want more than 10 pictures, you can tap on the Start key to add more pictures in the album.
Once the album is done, unlock your device with your face visible to the front facing camera and ta da!
Don’t forget to get this free little tweak and unlock iPhone with facial recognition. Remember this free offer will expire on April 1st so grab it when you can to decide if you would want the final version!
Relevant updates and news:
- iPhone 6 Concept Video – Bezel-Free Sapphire Display with Self-Healing Coat
- iOS 7.1 Direct Download Links for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch – Images Gallery of iOS 7.1 Features
- OS X Latest Update: Apple Offering Support for 4K Displays at Retina Resolution
- iPhone 5s Suffering from Major Touch ID Issues after iOS 7.1
- iOS 7.1 Jailbreak – Steps to Make Sure You Don’t Lose Jailbreak
– Recommended iOS 7 themes and tweaks:
- Get Access to Notifications Straight from Springboard
- Some of the Best iOS 7 Themes that You Must Have – List
- How to Customize Your Control Center Launch Apps
- Top Cydia Repositories Updated for iOS 7 – Updated List
- Infinite Scrolling for Home Screen and Folders in iOS 7 – How to
- Gestures-Based Gestr App Launcher now for Jailbroken iOS 6 and iOS 7 Devices
- Find Lost iPhone – Remotely Enable Location Services with Activator iOS 7