2018 iPad Pro Can Charge an iPhone Over USB-C – Cool, Right?
Running Low on Juice? Just Whip Out that USB-C to Lightning Cable and Charge up Your iPhone on the Go With the 2018 iPad Pro
The latest iPad Pros really push the boundaries of what a tablet can be. They are powerful in every way imaginable. Heck, I’d go as far as saying that these tablets are so good that competition has gotten completely unfair.
But of course, with every new product, Apple tends to take the strangest of decisions with ditching the Lightning port for USB-C being one of them. That’s not entirely a bad thing since Apple is building an ecosystem of USB-C devices which will give birth to a lot of cool ways in which we can use the iPad Pro. For example, you can connect a USB-C camera without a dongle. And here comes the fun one: you can use a USB-C to Lightning cable to charge your iPhone on the go.
Yes, you read that absolutely right. With USB-C now a part of Apple’s new tablet, the iPad Pro can actually charge up an iPhone on the go as long as you have the right cable to do it. We’re willing to bet that even if you have a USB-C to USB-A dongle you can charge up regular phones as well just as fine. But obviously that claim needs to be tested and some brave one out there will do just that on November 7, the day the new 2018 iPad Pro hits our doormats.
In the meantime, you may want to check out the following:
- Apple Is Now Selling a Type-C USB to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adapter for the New iPad Pro Models
- What’s Inside 2018 iPad Pro Retail Box – Tablet, USB-C Cable, 18W USB-C Charger
- Don’t Panic: The New iPad Pros Are Not ‘eSIM Only’
- Apple’s A12X Has 10 Billion Transistors, 90% Performance Boost & 7-Core GPU
- Apple Unveils New iPad Pro Models – Feature Face ID with USB-C Ports; New Keyboard & Magnetic Apple Pencil Accessories Unveiled Too
- New 2018 iPad Pro Camera Features Smart HDR But No Portrait Mode on Rear Camera