Flash Shohat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Firmware for Galaxy S5 – How to
Shohat is another one of the earlier custom firmwares developed for Samsung Galaxy S5. While we are unaware about how it would work, you can give it a try without any worries if you take the precautionary step of taking a backup. From the looks of it, Shohat Android 4.4.2 custom ROM for Galaxy S5 looks very light and rather amazing. The ROM has removed all the extra bloatware making it weigh up for just 1GB!
Follow on this guide to read about the features of Shohat Android 4.4.2 and to update this custom ROM for Galaxy S5.
– Relevant custom ROM: Flash Omega XXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Shohat Android 4.4.2 custom firmware details:
- Based on Last Stock Firmware Android 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (KitKat)
- Kernel Stock
- All KNOX crap removed !
- 4 way restart menu
- Lightest Touchwiz Rom Available For The S5 ( Only 1.02GB )
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to flash Shohat custom ROM for Galaxy S5 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Prerequisites to flash Shohat custom ROM for Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Shohat custom ROM for Galaxy S5 G900F:
Required files: downloadShohat Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM for Galaxy S5 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S5.
- Boot in to Recovery Mode: switch your Galaxy S5 on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Follow it with wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Shohat Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S5 LTE into the new Shohat custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Let us know if you liked this latest custom firmware on your amazing Galaxy S5.