Root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
As promised, here is the guide for you to root Galaxy S5 G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. This root guide will help you getting the system access of your latest flagship. While the root solution is only available for Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F (international edition), we will soon hopefully see it for other variants too.
Enjoy rooting and gaining super access of your very latest and very powerful Samsung Galaxy S5!
Prerequisites to root Galaxy S5 G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the root steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S5 G900F Android 4.4.2:
Here are the steps to root Galaxy S5 G900F on Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve the .tar.md5 file.
- Run ODIN, and click on the PDA button.
- Select the .tar.md5 file downloaded earlier.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 off and put it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- Ensuring that repartition is selected, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- You can now disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S5 and reboot it to enjoy the super access!
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of leaked firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off SGS5 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter