Boot Samsung Galaxy S5 into Stock or Custom Recovery Mode – How to
The highly-awaited, and prematurely released Samsung's latest flagship - the Galaxy S5 - has achieved the root already! With this you can surely expect to see the custom ROMs, kernels and mods to hit soonest. However, for those to work you should first know how to boot into Samsung Galaxy S5 recovery mode.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 with the custom recovery support will allow you to install custom ROMs, kernels, format partitions, and simply extend the looks and functionality of your smartphone.
- Recommended guide: Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Battery Drain Issues – Android Tips
How to enter into Samsung Galaxy S5 recovery mode:
Here are the few simple steps to boot Galaxy S5 recovery mode:
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S5 completely.
- Boot into Galaxy S5 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S5 screen flickers and the main screen of Recovery mode appears.
- That's just about it! The Recovery Mode Stock or Custom CWM / TWRP recovery should now appear on your SGS5's screen. When you are done, you can simply use the Reboot option to boot the smartphone in normal mode.
Note: in case your Samsung Galaxy S5 does not boot into Recovery mode with these steps, remove the battery and re-insert it after a few seconds. Repeat the steps now on Galaxy S5 and it should work perfectly.
If you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, and have installed some custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM, you can boot it in Custom Recovery using apps such as GooManager for TWRP Recovery and ROM Manager for CWM Recovery. These both might not support the very latest Samsung Galaxy S5 at the moment, but you should expect support as soon as device is launched internationally.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter