Flash Omega XXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 – How to
Omega is one of the most popular custom firmwares for Android devices and verson 1.2 has now been developed for you to flash Omega on Galaxy S5, the latest Samsung flagship. Omega v1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S5 is based on official XXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 KitKat and is a very stable firmware.
Follow on this guide to read about the features of Omega v1.2 for SGS5 and to flash Omega on Galaxy S5.
Omega v1.2 Android 4.4.2 custom firmware details:
- Based on firmware XXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2
- Kernel stock
- Aroma Installer with Full wipe option
- Wipe cache partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Wipe preload partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe System automatic before roms installation
- Omegas Emblem Bootanimation by our artist anbech
- Omegas Emblem Shutdown animation by our artist anbech
- OmegaDroid Kit Kat Wallpapers by our artist Jorq1H
- OmegaDroid Wallpapers application
- Disable scrolling cache
- Email with Exchange Security Disabled
- build.prop tweaks
- Omegas addon applications:
- Omega Files
- ES File Explorer
- Removed (Can be added from Omega Files):
- Boot sound
- Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to flash Omega on Galaxy S5 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
Prerequisites to flash Omega on Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Omega on Galaxy S5 G900F:
Required files: download the Omega Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S5 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S5.
- Boot in to Recovery Mode: switch your Galaxy S5 on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Follow it by performing wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Omega Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S5 LTE into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.