Android Tips and Tricks – How to Backup and Restore Deleted SMS Text Messages
Deleting stuff on our gadgets that we do not mean to happens very often in our lives. We accidentally delete our text messages, MMS or call history or sometimes lose the entire data. Here is how you can very easily create backup of your text messages, MMS and call history and restore them whenever the need be.
How to backup SMS / text messages:
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store application.
- Search for SMS Back+ app and install it - direct link.
- When SMS Back+ is installed, run the app on your smartphone.
- Tap on Connect button on the app to connect it with your Gmail account.
- Afterwards, SMS Back+ will ask you to authorize your Gmail account for this app.
- Tap on the OK button and the app will be connected to your Gmail account. Once the application is ready with all these preliminary settings, you can backup your text messages.
- Tap on Backup button which will initiate the SMS backup process on your smartphone.
SMS backup will be created on your Gmail account from where you can restore deleted SMS anytime you wish to. In your Gmail account you will notice two new folder for your SMS and call history backup. These folders will contain all your text messages and call logs.
- Restore deleted SMS:
- When you accidentally delete some text message and want to restore it, you can easily do it if you have created SMS backup with the app above.
- Go to SMS Backup+ and tap on restore button.
- This will instantly restore all your messages and call logs on your android smartphone!
Ta da! Following this guide you cannot only backup and restore SMS messages but also create call logs backup.