Clean Install iOS 13 GM on iPhone Right Now [How to]
We’ll show you how you can clean install iOS 13 GM on your iPhone right away if you are a registered developer.
Before going ahead, you may like to check out the following:
- Download iOS 13 GM (Gold Master) for iPhone Right Now
- Downgrade iOS 13 GM to iOS 12 Right Now [iPhone, iPad, iPod touch]
The iOS 13 GM build is out and is the potential candidate for the final build that is set for release in a few days time. Right now, if you want to experience the Gold Master build to the maximum potential, then it’s a good idea to clean install iOS 13 GM. A fresh start really gives you a taste of the underlying changes and performance improvements while providing an opportunity to start off fresh.
Before you begin, it’s worth pointing out that clean installing iOS 13 GM will make you lose all your data and settings. Please take a backup using iCloud or iTunes. I would suggest the latter since it’s quick and robust. With that out of the way, it’s also worth mentioning that you must have a fully working Apple Developer Program account in order to access the iOS 13 GM restore images. It will cost you $99 for a year’s worth of membership. Alternatively, if you have a friend that has a developer account, they may or may not hook you up with a restore image. It’s all about how nicely you ask.
- Provided you have an Apple Developer Program membership at hand, sign in here.
- Click on the Develop button on the top-most bar then click on the Downloads button on the next page.
- Over here spot the Featured Download section and under iOS 13 you should see ‘Download Restore Images.’ Click on it.
- Find your device in the long list of supported iPhones and save the restore image straight onto your desktop. This may take a while.
- Once the download is complete, this is the point where you make sure that you have taken a backup of everything using iCloud or iTunes. Once double-checked, connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Your device should show up in iTunes in a few seconds if you are connecting for the first time. Once it does, it will appear as a tiny little iPhone-like icon on the top left hand corner of iTunes. Click on that icon.
- Once you are presented with even more options, click on the Restore iPhone button while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (macOS).
- Select the iOS 13 GM restore image file you downloaded in step 4.
- iTunes will now extract the firmware and the clean install iOS 13 GM process will begin. This will take a while so exercise patience.
- Once everything is complete, you will be greeted by the usual iOS Hello screen. Follow the on-screen prompts for setup as new or restore from a backup.
Since this is the Gold Master candidate build, therefore you will experience top-notch quality in day to day usage. However, if there’s a grave lingering bug, Apple might be forced to issue a brand new GM release in order to make things right before handing out the final build to the public later this month. But don’t worry, fixes will be delivered to you over the air.
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now [Guide]
- Clean Install iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using iTunes [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13 Beta (or iPadOS) to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Download iOS 13 Beta Over the Air Without Losing Files or Settings
- Download iOS 13 Beta Without Developer Account on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for Free
- iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS – Which Devices Are Compatible With the New Betas?
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter