How to Record Time-Lapse Videos with iPhone – iOS 8 Tips and Tricks
Don't we love those videos showing a a bustling busy road where vehicles are coming and going from daylight till evening, or those showing a solar eclipse in just about a few seconds. You too can shoot time lapse video with your iPhone and share your surroundings with others in beautiful videos.
How to shoot time lapse video with iPhone:
Time lapse videos show us fantastically moving landscape or a catastrophic natural situation in just a few seconds or minutes rather than plenty of hours. While you can shoot time lapse video with your iPhone using any app from iOS App Store, such apps usually cost a few good bucks.
However, if you have always yearned to shoot time lapse video for free, seems like Apple has taken time out to facilitate you. In the latest iOS 8 update, among a barrage of new features and enhancements, Apple has introduced a new option in your stock camera app of iOS 8 to shoot time lapse video. Time-lapse photography was definitely never this easy (and seems like it would be everywhere too like images and Instagram these days).
Shooting at dynamically selected intervals, iOS 8 stock camera feature lets you shoot time-lapse videos and turn it into sweet 30 seconds small videos. To start your time-lapse photography journey, simply open iOS 8 Camera and tap on Time-Lapse > tap on shutter to start the shooting.
When you want to finish recording, simply tap on the recorder again and your video will automatically crunch into a few seconds long. The video will then be saved in to your camera roll. Just make sure you use a tripod or some other arrangement to fix your iPhone as it movements or disturbances will kill the entire experience.
Let us know what more you want to learn about iOS 8 or any guides you want us to do and we will be trying to covering those.
- Relevant WWDC '14 posts and tutorials:
- Access Recent Contacts with iOS 8 Home Button – How to
- Apple iCloud Drive Announced at WWDC ’14 to Sync Files Across Devices – Windows-Compatible!
- Apple to Unveil Smart Home at WWDC – Fail?
- Right Before WWDC Apple Manages to Get the 5th Spot at ‘Fortune 500′!
- Apple Unveils Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite at WWDC 2014 with Brand New Features
- Apple Unveils iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod at the WWDC 2014 Keynote
- iOS 8 beta 1 Direct Download Links for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Water Artwork Used in iOS 8 Banner Discovered on a Website