Pair PS4 or Xbox Controller with iPhone and iPad
Here's how you can pair a PlayStation 4 DualShock or Xbox One controller with your iPhone or iPad running iOS 13, iPadOS 13.
How to Pair PlayStation 4 or Xbox One Controller with iOS 13 / iPadOS 13
Having played around with a bunch of MFi-certified controllers for the iPhone and iPad, needless to say that the game changed when Apple announced support for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One controller on iOS 13 and iPadOS 13. Both of the aforementioned controllers are the best in the business and it's highly likely that you already have one of these lying around at home if you are a game console owner. Even if you are not, they are pretty cheap to get hold of. You can buy the PlayStation 4 controller from here and Xbox One from here.
Once paired with your iPhone or iPad running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13, you can jump right into your favorite game and use a real controller . Remember one thing, not all games are supported to work with a controller and it's entirely up to the developer if they want you in on the action or not.
Enough with the literature, let's dive into how you pair a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One controller with your iOS 13 or iPadOS-toting phone or tablet.
- Turn on the Xbox One controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press and hold the 'Connect 'button for three seconds. This will put the Xbox One controller in pairing mode.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth and you'll see the controller listed here. Tap on its name and it will be paired instantly.
PlayStation 4 DualShock
- Press and hold the PS and Share buttons on the DualShock controller until the lights start flashing rapidly. This means that your controller is now in pairing mode.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad, then tap on Bluetooth.
- You'll see the DualShock controller listed here, ready to be paired. Tap on its name and you're good for gaming.
I've said it before and I'm gonna say it again: support for game controllers depends totally on the developer. If there isn't any, then you can't add it to your favorite title magically, like PUBG. If you sit on the Fortnite side of the fence, then are you absolutely golden.
Looking to download the iOS 13 wallpapers? Check them all out below:
You may like to check out the following guides as well:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How to Clean Install iOS 13 Beta on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How to Download iOS 13 Beta Without Apple Developer Program Membership
- How to Downgrade iOS 13 Beta to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 13 Beta Over the Air Without Losing Files or Settings [Update]