Must-Read List of Galaxy S5 Features and Instructions, if You Plan to Buy the Flagship
Samsung has released 100s of features of Samsung Galaxy S5 ahead of its global release this April 11th. The devices have already been placed at hundreds of Best Buy stores and other retailers for you to compare and decide if you would like to buy the latest Samsung flagship.
In the recently released document, Samsung shares details about every aspect of its latest smartphone. If you are considering to buy the Galaxy S5 this year; or want to know more about its features, this document should be on your reading list. While you may not read all of it, search for the keywords you most want in your smartphone to get the information about. Want to know about HDR (rich tone) effect in Camera; or it's about the details of how resistant Galaxy S5 actually is to different sort of liquids; you can get all the details in this document.- Recommended: Samsung Galaxy S5 Battery Beats iPhone 5s in 3D Gaming and Talk Time
Here are just a very few of the Galaxy S5 features from the document, which you can read in entirety below.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features officially shared:
- Some instructions about water and dust resistance:
- Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1 m and keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
- Ensure that the back and multipurpose jack covers are tightly closed. Otherwise, they may not provide protection from water and dust.
- Do not expose the device to salt water, ionised water, or soapy water.
- Gems about saving battery (don't wait to apply these on Galaxy S5 - increase battery life on your current smartphones with these tips too!):
- When you are not using the device, switch to sleep mode by pressing the Power button.
- Close unnecessary apps with the task manager.
- Deactivate the Bluetooth feature.
- Deactivate the Wi-Fi feature.
- Deactivate auto-syncing of apps.
- Decrease the backlight time.
- Decrease the brightness of the display.
- How to lock and unlock:
- Pressing the Power button turns off the screen and puts the device into lock mode. The device automatically gets locked if it is not used for a specified period.
- To unlock the device, press the Power button or the Home button and flick your finger in any direction within the unlock screen area.
- Flick left or right on the Home screen or the Apps screen to see another panel. Flick up or down to scroll through a webpage or a list, such as contacts.
- Details about fingerprint sensor:
- The Home button contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home button is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
- The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
- Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
- The device may not recognise fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
- The device may not recognise fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
- To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
- Do not drag your finger too quickly or slowly. Drag your finger at a moderate speed to allow the device to recognise it.
- In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
- Take photos with rich colours and reproduce details even in bright and dark areas. On the Apps screen, tap Camera → , and then take a photo.
Samsung Galaxy S5 features and instructions [User Manual]:
- Source link
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter