[Updated: Patch Notes] PUBG Xbox One Patch 11 Inbound, Executive Producer Confirms; Currently Being Tested
[Update] PUBG Xbox One Patch 11 will be rolling out to Xbox One systems within the next hours, and we've included the full patch notes below.
"The team’s efforts on “Patch 11” have been focused on continued performance optimization, and stability improvements across the family of Xbox consoles", community manager Hawkinz writes on the official PUBG forums. "We are also introducing changes to inventory management, in an effort to increase the speed at which players can navigate menus and change their loadout. We continue to monitor crash data, and look to further reduce the frequency of crashes with each update through Game Preview and beyond."
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane
Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.
- Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
- Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly
[Original story] PUBG Xbox One patch 11 is inbound, Microsoft’s executive producer on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Nico Bihary, has confirmed.
Testing of the update will be completed by tomorrow, and Microsoft and Bluehole are planning to release the patch on 1 am PST tomorrow. According to the executive producer, players shouldn’t expect a major content drop as the patch is aimed at fixing bugs.
“We'll wrap up testing on #PUBG #Xbox Patch 11 tomorrow, if no issues we'll be looking to push this live ~1am Wednesday PST”, Bihary wrote. “This is a bug fixing patch, not a major content drop. We will have more on test server content as we get closer to release. Thanks!”
PUBG update 10 for Microsoft’s console was deployed last week and offered fixes for various issues that surfaced following the deployment of patch #9. Earlier this month, developer Bluehole announced that the team would be transitioning to a longer 2-3 week cycle in-between PUBG Xbox One updates.
PUBG is available now for Xbox One and PC via Steam.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter