[Updated: Patch Notes] PUBG Xbox One Update 9 Approved For Release; Full Patch Notes & Release Schedule Inbound
[Update] PUBG Xbox One update 9 is being deployed to Xbox One system as we speak and is expected to be live at 6 PM KST / 1 AM PST / 10 AM CET today. We've included the full patch notes for the new update below.
"We recognize and fully understand the challenges while playing through some of the more impactful issues, and appreciate your persistence and continued support throughout", community manager FWG writes. "We have been hard at work on this patch, and we wanted to take the time necessary to ensure stability before rolling it out into Xbox Game Preview. This update brings a number of fixes that you’ve been asking for, alongside continued optimization, stability and UI improvements."
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting locations in order to optimize both server and game client performance
- Weapons are removed from the starting island prior to the match starting
- Game DVR is now supported for automatic recording of gameplay highlights. This feature must be enabled within the Options / Settings menu.
- We continue to listen to your vehicle feedback and have lowered the damage taken from objects throughout the world such as rocks, trees, and uneven terrain
- Adjusted the sound effects of both water and red-zone bombing
- Party matchmaking is now influenced by the player’s MMR
- Adjusted long-range blood VFX back to the original colors
- Improved visibility of squad member colors (yellow, orange, blue and green)
- Players can use the right thumbstick to rotate their character model during customization
- When customizing character appearance, the D-Pad can be held to switch between menus
- Preview is supported when customizing appearance or creating a new character
Updated the design of the energy drink
- Fixed water sound effects
- Fixed Red Zone disappearing immediately after it starts
- Fixed random character teleportation following initial landing
- Fixed an issue where some doors could not be entered despite appearing open
- Fixed issue of recovery and boost items being able to be used when underwater
- Fixed the character animations when transitioning from jump-prone to standing
- Fixed an issue where earning BP would not function as expected
- Fixed unexpected character death caused by falling while moving
- Fixed areas of fencing where specific sides could not be penetrated by bullets
- Fixed buildings with missing stairs
- Fixed bug which caused objects to float in the air
- Fixed areas of terrain which were causing player characters to become stuck
- Fixed an issue which prevented team members being displayed following acceptance of an invite
- Fixed the issue of revive being cancelled unintentionally
- Fixed hand animations when reloading/shooting the Kar98 in a prone position
- Fixed the issue limiting peak parachuting speed in FPP mode
- Fixed character animations when moving from prone to entering a vehicle
Optimization / Stability
- Optimized textures, landscapes and buildings throughout the island to improve performance
- Fixed a crash occurring when HDR was enabled
- Fixed a frozen character issue when reconnecting following a crash
- Fixed a crash occurring when the player opened their inventory
- Fixed a crash occurring when the spectated player was using a scope
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Japanese only: Adjusted the Katakana font
- Japanese only: Fixed incorrect order of wording during object interactions
- Portuguese only: Fixed the display of height meter when parachuting
- B button incorrectly displayed to cut parachute cable; this should be X
- When viewing the map, the X, Y, and B buttons are fully functional – please be aware that this can cause you to exit the plane or vehicle whilst in motion. Please only use the map button to return to gameplay until this is resolved.
[Original story] PUBG Xbox One update 9 has been approved for release and full patch notes and the deployment schedule are inbound.
The patch notes are expected to be released within a couple of hours according to Microsoft’s executive producer, Nico Bihary. Of course, we will update this post as soon as those notes are released.
Earlier today, Bihary already posted an update about the PUBG Xbox One update 9, saying that the patch passed certification. “Patch has completed Cert and we've spent some time with it in Functional QA.”, the executive producer wrote. “Tonight around 10 pm we will coordinate with all of the different teams to make a call whether this patch improves the overall experience (this methodology is standard for all patches, not exclusive to this one). Assuming we all give it a thumbs up, we will send out patch notes sometime shortly after along with expected release timing.”
“The process itself doesn't take more than a couple of hours, however, we need to ensure we are all coordinated so there are no client/server incompatibilities (which is why we have Dev/Publishing and other folks on the call)”, Bihary, who goes by the name ‘XboxNico’, replied when asked about the deployment of the update. “Then we try to find a time that is least disruptive to players to release the patch so as to not take everyone down during their usual primetime gaming hours.”
As covered earlier, PUBG Xbox One update 9 will focus on balancing, optimization, and quality of life fixes.
PUBG is available now for PC and Xbox One. The current update for Xbox One was released last month.