Based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, C-RoM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2. C-RoM is famous for keeping the stock KitKat look intact and the user interface as beautiful and pure as created by Google itself. C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware is not any flashy, full-of-animations ROM but offers you a great level of customization while keeping your Galaxy S2 purely KitKat-ish. Stable and smooth, here is how to flash C-RoM Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S2.
- Recommended: Android L vs iOS 8: First Impressions
C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat features:
C-RoM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features. Here are a few of them:
- App Side Bar
- On The Go Mode
- Floating Windows
- Active Display
- Animation Controls
Prerequisites to flash C-RoM Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S2 i9100:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash C-RoM Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S2:
Required files: download the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S2 i9100 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your SGS2 from here.
- Connect Galaxy S2 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S2.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS2, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.