Update Galaxy Note N7000 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Based on the very latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, C-RoM custom firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. The ROM is based on stock sources and carries KitKat UI by Google. No fancy things but really amazing level of customization if you are looking for that. Here are the steps to help you update Galaxy Note N7000 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat details:
- Dark C-RoM
- Active Display
- Floating Windows
- Gesture Anywhere
- On-The-Go Mode
- Animation Controls
- Lockscreen Notification
- Implement App Sidebar
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy Note N7000 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 carries more than 70% of charge.
Guide to Update Galaxy Note N7000 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2:
- Connect your Galaxy Note to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect your Samsung Note N7000 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the CMW recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Nandroid backup: select Backup and Restore option to perform the Nandroid backup of your current OS.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Find the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
- Wait until your phablet boots in to the new Android 4.4.2 based custom ROM!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter