Flash MIUI Custom Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini – How to
Based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, MIUI custom firmware is quite popular for its user interface and stock experience. MIUI custom ROM is packed with features and design changes. Here is how you can flash MIUI on Galaxy S4 Mini I9195.
MIUI Android 4.3 custom firmware:
- Update build.prop
- Optimize apk and jar
- Added Multilanguage
- Added GApps
Prerequisites to flash MIUI on Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device - learn to backup SMS & MMS.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 Mini in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini carries more than 80% of charge.
How to flash MIUI on Galaxy S4 Mini:
Required files: download MIUI Android 4.3 Jelly Bean custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from here.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the external card root of your Galaxy smartphone.
- Disconnect the cable and switch your Galaxy S4 Mini off. Boot in to recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step since it's a custom ROM and can contain bugs.
- Next perform a full data wipe operation on our SGS4 Mini: wipe data/factory reset > Yes. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache for wiping Dalvik cache data too.
- Now from sd card, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MIUI Android 4.3 ROM file from SD card and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now.
That's it! The process to flash MIUI on Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 is simple as that. Enjoy the custom features!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter