Flash Lego Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM on Nexus 7 (2012) – How to
Nexus 7 has got a new custom firmware based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Lego Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware aims to give you all the features of Slim ROM while adding a few exclusives (features' list shared below). If you are interested in trying out a new ROM for your Nexus 7 2012, here are the steps to flash Lego Android 4.4.2 custom ROM on your Nexus!
Lego Android 4.4.2 features:
- Everything Slim has plus
- ROM is built with sabermod 4.10 (thanks @cl3kener!)
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Time-contextual headers
- Halo and halo color
- Driving Mode
- Simple DPI Changer (on-the-fly one causes UI glitches and breaks xposed per app settings)
- Bring back activity arrows for connection icons on statusbar
- Wakelock blocker
- Battery saver mode
- Disable FC messages
- Custom scrolling values
- AOKP system animations
- Apollo from dirty-unicorns
- Omni's DSP
- CM's file manager
- LegoStats, and LegoOTA
- and more!
Prerequisites to check before you flash LEGO Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 7:
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 7 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- Your Nexus 7 2012 should be unlocked and rooted.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your Nexus 7.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Nexus 7 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Nexus 7 to LEGO Android 4.4.2 custom ROM:
Required files: download the Lego Android 4.4.2 custom ROM firmware file from here. Also download the Google Apps Package for Nexus 7 2012. Save both the files on your computer and do not extract the contents.
- Connect your new Nexus 7 with computer using a USB cable and copy the firmware and GApps files on your device' SD card.
- Disconnect your Nexus tablet from computer when the copy is done.
- Turn off the Nexus 7 2012 completely and reboot it into recovery mode.
- Perform Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup and Restore > Backup
- Now perform data wiping tasks: select wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition, and finally wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu and select Install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the downloaded Lego Android 4.4.2 based custom firmware file for Nexus 7 and confirm the installation.
- Once the custom ROM is successfully installed on Nexus, repeat the above step but select GApps file this time.
- When done, reboot your Nexus to boot into the newly installed Lego custom ROM.
- Ta da!