Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the newly released C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware. This ROM is smooth, fast, and stable and is build on AOSP sources. Keeping the stock Google KitKat look, C-RoM enables you to customize your Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS4, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.