Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the newly released C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware. This ROM is smooth, fast, and stable and is build on AOSP sources. Keeping the stock Google KitKat look, C-RoM enables you to customize your Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 to C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS4, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter