Install XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1 Official Firmware on Galaxy S6 – How to
Only a week after Samsung Galaxy S6 edge received official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, Galaxy S6 too gets the 5.1.1 treatment. Once updated, you will note a lot of changes when compared to Android 5.0.2. Improved performance, critical bug fixes and design changes to TouchWiz are only a few highlights of this latest update. RAW and ISO features are also part of this package. You can update Galaxy S6 to XXU2BOFL official firmware via OTA. However, if your region hasn't received the update, follow this guide to manually update Galaxy S6 G920F to XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
After updating, don't forget to root your device!
XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S6
Country Saudi Arabia
Version Android 5.1.1
Build date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:25:27 +0000
Product code KSA
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 to XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S6 to XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1:
Required files: download G920FXXU2BOFL Android 51.1 for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F. Also, download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here.
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S6 G920F to XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1 official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 Download Mode.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select file with AP or Code in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on BL and select file with BL in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F and reboot it.
Once you have completed all the above steps to update Galaxy S6 G920F to XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1, here is how to root your smartphone on the latest G920FXXU2BOFL official firmware.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter