Smooth and Fast Custom ROM Based on Android 5.1.1 for Galaxy S3 – How to
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROMs list is getting quite extensive. With more ROMs, we get the option of choosing only the stable and fast custom ROMavailable for our devices. Here is another of the popular and stable custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 for Galaxy S3 i9300. crDroid is specifically popular for customization options that it offers you. Don't forget to check our list of reader-favorite Lollipop custom ROMs for Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Nexus devices.
crDroid Android 5.1.1 features:
Volume panel timeout
Clear recents location
Heads up customization
Quick access button on expanded status bar
Touch outside behavior
Do not disturb
SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
Power menu in navring targets
SlimPie controls with all working
Sound panel option om power menu
Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
Power menu and notifications tiles
Four tiles per row
Vibrate on tiles touch
Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
Kill app back button configurable timeout
Ambient display as active display from OmniRom
Prerequisites to flash Android 5.1.1 for Galaxy S3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Flash Android 5.1.1 for Galaxy S3:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 5.1.1 based custom ROM:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 5.1.1 based custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 I9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! Enjoy Lollipop on Galaxy S3.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter