Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 to Android 5.1.1 – How to
Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 finally gets some latest Lollipop love from MoKee. This custom ROM is stable and odexed for faster and smoother performance. Packed full of tweaks and customization choices, MoKee Android 5.1.1 custom firmware brings more features to your S4 than the AOSP. Good on battery life, smooth and mess-free OTA updates and more! Here's how to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
OTA updates – update on the fly!
Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
Calendar – with lunar and solar calenders
Bulk SMS recipients
Adjustable SMS font size
SMS sending delay
Custom carrier name
Network speed in status bar (upload and download!)
Built in timer in Apollo – determine when to stop playing music
Unique Power Saver functions!
Custom screen off animations
Prerequisites to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1:
Here are the steps to update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based custom ROM.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the MoKee Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter