Guide to Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop – How to
One of the new custom ROMs, Chroma firmware is designed to give you maximum level of customization options. Bringing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop to your Nexus 5, Chroma Lollipop gives you various handles to customize notification styles, visuals, and much more. Fast, and stable, you will love Chroma Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Nexus 5.
Chroma Android 5.1.1 custom ROM features:
- Franco Kernel
- Layers 2.1 support
- Silent mode (Settings > Sound & notifications > Interruptions)
- Native LED notifications (solid, limited to RGB colors)
- Status Bar Customization:
Battery Style (Icon Portrait/Landscape, Circle, Text, Hide) and Battery Percentage
Clock & Date (Show/Hide, Color, Alignment, AM/PM, Show/Hide Date, Date Style, Date Format)
Brightness Control (long press status bar to change brightness)
Double-tap status bar to turn screen off
Show/hide notification count
Quick pull-down on left/right side to pull down tiles
Pressing on clock or date on status bar opens up Clock, Calendar
Tile customizations (LTE, screenshot, sync, heads up, expanded desktop, and more)
Status bar weather
Enlarge 1st row, show 4 tiles per row, show/hide brightness slider
Heads up notifications
Show/hide brightness slider
Advanced location tile
- Navigation bar customization
Rearrange navigation bar to your liking
Navigation bar height (48/44/40/36/32/28/24/20/0dp)
Navigation button tint
Show/hide arrow keys while typing
Kill app back button
Double tap navigation bar to sleep
Navigation ring customization
Clear all recents button (enable/disable) and location (top left, top right, top center, bottom left, bottom right, bottom center)
- Lock screen customization
- Power menu customization (power off, reboot, screenshot, airplane mode)
Advanced Reboot (reboot/soft reboot/recovery/bootloader)
- Volume rocker customization:
Wake device with volume keys when screen off
Long press volume up/down keys to skip track when screen off
Volume key adjustment sound (enable/disable)
Volume key cursor control
Prereqs to update Nexus 5 to Chroma Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 5 should be rooted.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Update Nexus 5 to Chroma Lollipop Android 5.1.1 ROM:
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 5 and power it off.
- Now boot it in to the Bootloader mode: press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power buttons simultaneously. Follow onscreen instructions and go to recovery. Once here, use Volume keys to highlight and Power to select.
- Data wipe operations: go to wipe data/factory reset and confirm the operation. Also wipe cache partition and finally go for wipe dalvik cache to clean it up too.
- Now, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from Sdcard. Locate the Chroma Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while; enjoy the sweetness of lollipop.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter