Root G925FXXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 Galaxy S6 edge – How to
We have just shared with you the steps to update root G925FXXU2BOFJ Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. This is the latest official firmware available for the smartphone coming with performance, stability, improved security, and some other fixes. Once you have updated your Galaxy S6 Edge to the latest update, here is how root G925FXXU2BOFJ on Galaxy S6 G925F.
Prerequisites to root G925FXXU2BOFJ on Galaxy S6 edge:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the root steps.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge carries more than 70% of charge.
Check and confirm your phone's model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This tutorial is ONLY for SM-G925F international variant.
How to root G925FXXU2BOFJ with CF-Auto-Root tool:
Here are the steps to root G925FXXU2BOFJ on Galaxy S6 edge.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip Chainfire zip file and retrieve the contents on your computer.
- Switch your phone off and enter into download mode: press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power key till you see the construction Android robot sign. Press Power key again to confirm. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 download mode.
- Open ODIN on your computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with your PC while it's in Download mode. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In ODIN, click on the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-zerolte-zeroltexx-smg925f.tar.md5 file downloaded and extracted earlier.
- Ensuring that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected, click on Start to initiate the root process.
- When the root process is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message and ID:COM will turn green.
- Once your device automatically reboots in to Recovery mode and you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation and does not boot into recovery mode, you will have to do the entire procedure once again.