Flash AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 – How to
You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to the Android 4.4.4 KitKat based AICP custom firmware. AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat was formerly known as the Ice Cold Project. Based on AOKP, the custom ROM brings in the features from various sources and is quite stable too. Here is how to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat and enjoy all the new features and mods of KitKat custom ROM.
– Recommended read: Quick Tip to Speed Up Google Chrome on Mobile Devices
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 I9500 to AICP Android 4.4.4:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
Required files: download AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 i9500 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the AICP Android 4.4.4 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to AICP Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom firmware.
– Relevant reads: