Setup iCloud Email Account On Android Devices – How to
As we are going through this influx of gadgets, often times we own devices having different operating system. Take a Mac from Apple, tablet from Google, and a Lumia from Microsoft. In between, we have the troubles of having everything synced across various operating systems.
In an attempt to make your tech existence a little easier, here is a tutorial to guide you through to setup iCloud on Android devices. If you are moving from an iPhone to an Android smartphone, this will help you get your Apple iCloud mail account on your new Android device.
How to setup iCloud on Android:
Here are the steps to enjoy iCloud email on your Android smartphones along with your iPhone! Few easy steps, and you will be ready with an iCloud integrated Android device!
- On your Android device, open the stock Email client; the following steps will also work with quite a few third-party Play Store email clients.
- In the email client, enter your iCloud username and password and tap on Manual setup > IMAP.
- When you are prompted to set up inbound IMAP server, enter the following data:
- Set certificates to SSL; in case there's some error, try the TLS instead.
- Configure the SMTP server for your outgoing mail now. When prompted, enter these details:
- SMTP server: smtp.mail.me.com
- Username: [username]@icloud.com
- Password: Apple ID password
- Port number: 587
- Set the certificates to SSL or TLS.
- Ta da!
Hope you have successfully setup iCloud on Android smartphone and are enjoying the account on both the OS.
- Note: In case you get any certificate errors, try to use the SSL (accept all certificates) option for both the IMAP and SMTP servers.
Relevant guides and tips:
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter