TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
TWRP recovery tool is one of the most popular custom recovery tools in the Android world because of the amazing features that it offers. Touch based recovery that makes your Nandroid backup, and wiping of data operations a piece of cake, is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphones. The flagship device that is already packed with impressive specifications and features, can do even more with a few system tweaks, some new custom ROM and the sort.
Only a couple of days back, senior XDA developer emwno ported the TWRP recovery (experimental build - may contain bugs) to Samsung Galaxy S4 models I9500 and I9505. This tutorial will focus on installing TWRP on SGS4 I9500 models. For getting TWRP on Snapdragon 1.9GHz quad-core processor enabled i9505, check this tutorial.
Don't forget to ensure:
- that your Windows PC has USB drivers for your smartphone installed.
- to disable KIES before initiating installation process as it would disturb the installation.
- enough battery power is juiced up in your Galaxy S4.
Install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Switch off your Galaxy S4 i9500.
- Boot the SGS4 into Download mode: reboot by holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in Download mode, connect the S4 i9500 to PC using a USB cable. Odin will detect the SGS4 and ID:COM on Odin box will turn yellow along with an ADDED!! message.
- Click on PDA button and locate the tar.md5 file from the firmware folder installed earlier. Do not make any changes in default settings of Odin. Just make sure that re-partition is unchecked.
- Click on the START button to start the flashing process. When the installation is completed successfully, your Galaxy S4 will restart automatically and you will get a PASS message on Odin.
- Unplug your phone from computer.
Ta da! TWRP recovery is now installed on your brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 model i9500. Have fun tweaking your new smartphone.
Note: if Odin shows a FAIL message instead of PASS, or get stuck at some place, do the following: close the Odin, disconnect SGS4 and pull out the battery from for a few seconds. Now put the battery back to the device and reboot it into Download mode and then install the firmware again.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter