Root Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 on XXUFNF3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
You can now root your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 on the latest official firmware. If your smartphone is updated on the latest firmware, here is how to root Galaxy S4 i9500 on XXUFNF3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and get the super access of your device.
- Relevant tutorial: Flash XXUFNF3 Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
Some prerequisites to root Galaxy S4 i9500 on XXUFNF3:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy S4 i9500 on XXUFNF3 Android 4.4.2:
- Switch your Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, then press the Power button until you see the Android construction bot.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC and connect your SGS4 with your computer using the USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, select the CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip and hit the Start button.
- When installation is successfully completed; your Galaxy S4 i9500 will reboot into recovery automatically and install the root files. Also, ID:COM will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from PC.
To confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has got Super SU access, verify by downloading Root Checker from Play Store.