Guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Skyfall Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Did you like the GoldenEye custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat? Well, here is a new Android 4.4 custom firmware based on KitKat, including some of GoldenEye's exclusive features. Great Android 4.4.2 KitKat based custom ROM if you are looking for some intense level of modification and the ROM is very stable and smooth.
Before you read on to update Galaxy S4 i337 to Skyfall Android 4.4.2 KitKat, here are some of the features and details of this ROM.
Skyfall Android 4.4.2 features:
- 2 versions to choose from
- Android 4.4.2
- 100% odexed no shortcuts!
- init.d support
- talexop 2.5 kernel loki’d
- zipalign script
- sqlite3 script
- sysscope removed
- incall recording
- extended reboot menu
- removed wifi nag
- removed carrier label
- lastest supersu
- wanam’s xposed
- added ability to edit apn’s
- wifi tethering
- scheduled sms sending
- enabled secondary keys samsung kb
- option added to disable shutter sound
- remove all camera sounds
- samsung kb with auto correct
- stock samsung boot animation
- google bloat removed
- bloat removed
- samsung knox removed
- sf slimf4st add-on!!
- adblocking added, no need for adblocking apps
- no boot sound
- no carrier iq
- 100% stock look
- flashable add-ons
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i337 to Skyfall Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 I337; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update update Galaxy S4 i337 to Skyfall Android 4.4.2:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S4 i337 to Skyfall Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the SkyFall Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
- Ta da!