Flash Android 5.1 Based Resurrection Remix on Galaxy S4 I9500 – How to
Possibly one of the most popular custom ROMs based on the very latest Android 5.1 Lollipop is Resurrection Remix. Based on CM12, you will get all the loveliness of Lollipop with CyanogenMod features on top. Here is how you can flash Android 5.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 with Resurrection Remix.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 features:
- Navigation Bar
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- Clock Customizations
- Time & date
- Battery Bar customization
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- Gestures Anywhere Feature
- Clock Widget
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Notification Drawer
- Quick Settings
- Backlight Timer
- Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Home Button Wake Up
- Home Button answer call
- LCD Density
- Expanded Desktop Mode
- All New CM Audio FX App
- Heads Up Customizations
- OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- Quick Unlock
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- ALL CM12 features
- and many many more…
Prerequisites to flash Android 5.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 Resurrection Remix:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash Android 5.1 on Galaxy S4 I9500 with Resurrection Remix ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.