Update Galaxy S4 I337 to XXUFNBH Android 4.4.2 KitKat GoldenEye Custom ROM
GoldenEye custom ROM is based on stock Android 4.2.2 XXUFNBH firmware. You can now flash this custom firmware loaded with stock and custom goodness on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337!
GoldenEye Android 4.4.2 features:
Packed with a load of features and based on the latest stock Android 4.4.2, here are some of the details of GoldenEye Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom ROM.
- Based on XXUFNBH
- rooted, deodexed, zipaligned
- init.d support
- loki’d, wanam 2.1 kernel lok’id
- zipalign script, sqlite3 script
- sysscope removed
- incall recording
- att default network icons
- lastest SuperSU
- added ability to edit apn’s
- WiFi tethering
- scheduled SMS sending
- extended reboot menu
- no ascending ringtone volume
- disabled battery full nag
- SMS call log mod
- enabled secondary keys samsung kb
- enabled emoji stock kb
- option added to disable shutter sound
- remove all camera sounds
- Samsung kb with auto correct
- Google bloat removed
- Samsung knox removed
- ge slimf4st add-on!!
- adblocking added, no need for adblocking apps
- no boot sound
- no carrier iq
- 100% stock look
- flashable add-ons
- simple, fast, stable!
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 I337 to XXUFNBH Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 i337 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 I337; kindly do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S4 I337 to XXUFNBH Android 4.4.2:
- Connect Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the GoldenEye Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I337 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! This was how you can update Galaxy S4 I337 to XXUFNBH Android 4.4.2 KitKat!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter