Update Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Based on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat, BAT ROM is a new custom firmware to help you customize and modify your beautiful Samsung Galaxy S4. The custom firmware is packed with a ton of mods and tweaks and provides a smooth and stable experience.
You can now Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat; the ROM is very stable, fast, smooth, and packed with tons of features. Here are some of them:
BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware details:
- Call Recording
- 4 Ways Reboot (Reboot, Recovery, Hotboot, Download)
- Full Color/Transparency customization for Status bar and Notification drawer elements
- Secure Samsung Keyboard
- Option to keep “Add Call” button with Call recording menu
- Disable Camera shutter sound (+Screen Capture)
- Flashlight trough volume button UP
- Skip Music with Volume buttons
- Save Call Logs View
- Enable Keyboard Symbols
- Enable Hangouts Calls trough cellular
- Enable Camera while calling
- Unlimited and Customizable Multi-View support
- Bypass Exchange Lock check
- Notification Panel Customization
- Long Home key behavior
- Long Back key to kill App (+ white list)
- Disable increasing ringtone
- Messaging Tweaks (raise limits and conversion)
- Disable Scrolling cache
- Enable Full rotations
- White Circle Battery
- Removed Camera permission
- Transparent Notifications panel
- Customize Clock format and size
- Customize Battery text helper size
- Customize Quick Settings buttons number per row
- White themed Quick Settings buttons
- Collapse Quick Settings after toggle
- 2 line formatted date on the panel header
- Dark themed Multi-Window
- Disable Boot sound
- Customize Two line date header format
- White/Black Email App background (Supported on some devices)
- Transparent Quick Settings buttons background
- Default hidden SMS logs
- Add Call button to Logs and Contacts list
- Disable Accounts icons on Contacts list
- Customize Wifi AP Clients number
- Disable Launcher page rotation
- Add Exit button to browser
- SMS Automatic input mode
- Disable Call number formatting
- Enable unlimited Contacts joining
- Enable Gallery Rotation trough button
- Set default Browser view to Desktop
- Clean (removed …test.apk, useless Samsung apps, and some bloatware)
- Battery / 3g / System / Streaming tweaks
- Galaxy S5 apps
- Knox Removed
Here are the prerequisites and step-by-step guide to Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
- Recommended read: Bugs Reported in Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat and their Fixes
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
Required files: download BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy S4 i9500 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode and perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Congrats! You have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy S4 to BAT ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware.
- Relevant reads: