Paranoid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Now Available for Sony Xperia Z2 – How to
Sony will seed out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for Sony Xperia Z2 officially sometime before August. However, you don't need to wait that long as your favorite custom ROM has just been made available for Xperia Z2. Paranoid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for the smartphone. O3 optimized, packed full of tweak, stable and smooth - here is how to flash Paranoid Android 5.1.1 on Z2.
Prerequisites to flash Paranoid Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z2:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z2 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash Paranoid Android 5.1.1 on Xperia Z2:
Required files: download Paranoid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Xperia Z2 and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file separately.
- Connect your Xperia to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z2 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Type the command and press Enter:
- fastboot reboot
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Paranoid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Don't forget to let us know if you liked the Android 5.1.1 based Paranoid Android custom firmware for Sony Xperia Z2.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter