Sony has managed to disappoint many with the latest release of Xperia Z4. The design is pretty much the same as the Sony Xperia Z2 so many users would perhaps be holding on to that device. Which essentially means we need to keep updating you with latest stable ROMs to flash on your Xperia Z2. Here is the popular stable and fast Resurrection Remix custom firmware; follow these guides to update Xperia Z2 to Android 5.1 based Resurrection Remix ROM.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop features:
- Navigation Bar
- Enable/Disable Navbar
- Navbar Ring Switch
- Navbar Ring Targets
- Navbar Button Customization
- Navbar Dimensions (Potrait & Landscape)
Prerequisites to update Xperia Z2 to Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix:
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z2 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z2 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Xperia Z2 to Android 5.1:
- Connect your Xperia Z2 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file and GApps to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z2 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Type the command and press Enter:
- fastboot reboot
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- Also clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy lollipop on your iconic Xperia Z2.