macOS Catalina Supplemental Update Released with Important Fixes
Apple has also released a new macOS Catalina Supplemental Update that packs in some extremely important fixes.
Setup Assistant Holding You Back? New macOS Catalina Supplemental Update Fixes All the Annoying Bugs
It would be wrong to say that macOS Catalina is the best and most trouble-free operating system around. The initial launch was marred with lots of issues and it appears as though Apple has taken note of it all and has fixed many annoyances with the new macOS Catalina Supplemental Update.
If you were setting up your Mac and realized that the Setup Assistant was just not completing certain tasks then this update should straight away help with that. If you have low disk space then this update should help performing the installation as smoothly as possible.
We will not go through each and every single change, and instead list them down exactly as they are straight from Software Update in System Preferences.
The macOS Catalina Supplemental Update includes installation and reliability improvements, and is recommended for all users.
• Improves installation reliability of macOS Catalina on Macs with low disk space
• Fixes an issue that prevented Setup Assistant from completing during some installations
• Resolves an issue that prevents accepting iCloud Terms and Conditions when multiple iCloud accounts are logged in
• Improves the reliability of saving Game Center data when playing Apple Arcade games offline
If you have made up your mind and believe that you should install this new update right away, then more power to you, because that's exactly what you should be doing at this moment. You can download the new macOS Catalina Supplemental Update by going to System Preferences > Software Update. Once the update shows up, click on Update Now. It's not a huge update by any means so it should not take more than half an hour to install at best. Also, make sure you have saved all your work before going ahead with the download and install.
You have the option to clean install the latest update as well, but I will not recommend it until or unless you are constantly being bombarded with issues and whatnot. If everything is working fine, then the over the air method of installation is the way to go. Still, if you wish to walk the clean installation road, then be sure to check out the following:
- How to Create macOS Catalina USB Installer Drive for Clean Install
- How to download macOS Catalina installer without Mac App Store
- How to Clean Install macOS Catalina on Mac [Detailed Tutorial]
- Download and Install macOS Catalina Using Internet Recovery
While you are here, you might want to check out the following as well: