Skip the Line and Force Install Windows 10 v21H2 Before Everyone Else
Microsoft's Windows 10 November 2021 Update is now live, which is apparently not the final version of this operating system! If the last few Windows 10 feature updates are any hint, it might take over 6 months for some users to receive this latest version of Windows 10. Don't want to wait that long? You can manually download and install Windows 10 November 2021 Update on your compatible PCs.
Steps to manually download Windows 10 November 2021 Update before everyone else
The official rollout of the Windows 10 November 2021 Update may take over several months to finish, even though it's a pretty stable upgrade considering version 21H2 is an incremental update. However, you should note that there could still be some issues that remain to be resolved.
With the past several releases, Microsoft has continued to opt for a slower deployment strategy due to these compatibility issues, making sure that it keeps fixing the problems as they appear. If you are a brave soul and don't worry about a few issues here and there, you can manually download Windows 10 November 2021 Update and upgrade your machine to the latest version of Windows 10.
You can now download Windows 10 November 2021 Update in two ways:
Once you download and open up the Update Assistant, all you need to do is click on a few "Next" buttons to upgrade to November 2021 Update (screenshot carries the wrong build no; the latest build is 16299 or version 1709).
Install Windows 10 November 2021 Update using the Media Creation tool
To install Windows 10 November 2021 Update using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 10 November 2021 Update download page (link)
- Click on the Download tool now.
- Accept license terms.
- If you want to upgrade your current PC, choose Upgrade this PC now. This will initiate the upgrade process and you can stop following the rest of this guide. Another option is to do it via ISO files. In that case, click on the Create installation media for another PC > Next.
- If you selected to upgrade your current PC, Windows 10 November 2021 Update will start downloading, and that'll be it.
- For another PC, you will be asked to select Language, Edition and Architecture. Choose details for the Windows 10 ISO you want to download. Once you’ve decided what you want to download, click on Next.
- Select the ISO file option and where you wish to save it.
- Click on Next to begin the download process.
The downloading process may take up to a few hours, so you will need to be patient. Downloading the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Version 1709? Don't forget to share your experience with us. Also, once installed, check on those updated privacy tools to move back to Basic mode to stop Microsoft from getting to know too much about you.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter