How to Get Free Windows 10 Upgrade Offer Today Ahead of Windows 11 Launch
It came amid a big uproar, and it's leaving with bigger chaos... Microsoft is all set to begin the process of officially launching Windows 11 for the public and while there is still one major Windows 10 version left to be released, this is the beginning of the end. If you still have devices that you haven't upgraded to Windows 10, the free upgrade offer continues to work.
With the Windows 11 launching tomorrow, the next few weeks and months will tell us how many devices can actually make the upgrade. But if you want to be in that queue, now is the time to upgrade to Windows 10 to be eligible to get the free Windows 11 upgrade offer. The rollout process will be measured, slow, and might take several months to a couple of years to finish.
Those with devices running older operating systems will have to pay for the new operating system. While Microsoft officially ended the free Windows 10 upgrade offer in 2016, it has continued to work, as we have reminded our readers several times. Even if you decide not to upgrade to Windows 11 or Microsoft decides that for you (considering how many machines are getting the ineligibility alert), Windows 10 is going to be supported until at least 2025, giving you plenty of time to upgrade your hardware or choose an alternative OS for your device.
How to get the free Windows 10 upgrade offer and dow
The process to download Windows 10 for free has remained the same over the years. If you want to upgrade Windows 7 to the (currently) latest operating system, just follow these steps to install a legit copy of Windows 10 on your machine.
- Check the system requirements to make sure you can run Windows 10 without any issues.
- Go to this link and click on the Download tool now button.
- After the Media Creation Tool has been downloaded, click to run it.
- Accept the license terms and either click on the Upgrade this PC now (if you are running this tool on the Windows 7 machine that you want to upgrade) OR Create installation media for another PC (if you are downloading Windows 10 for another PC).
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
- This entire process doesn't ask for a product key. As long as you are running a legit copy of Windows 7, it will finish without any problems. If you are asked for a key, just enter a valid Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 product key.
You can confirm the validity of Windows 10 through Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter