If you have installed tvOS on your compatible Apple TV model, there are a lot of new features to look forward to. However, if you're not satisfied with the build or if you think it's too buggy, then you can always downgrade it to tvOS 13. If you're not sure how to, scroll down to know how you can downgrade tvOS 14 to tvOS 13.
How to Downgrade tvOS 14 to tvOS 13 on Apple TV HD
tvOS is a major update as it brings support for a plethora of new additions when it comes to watching YouTube videos, controlling devices connected to HomeKit, and more. However, you can always downgrade it if it didn't match up to your expectations.
While there is a way to downgrade take note that the Apple TV 4K can not be downgraded to the previous because it is not equipped with a USB-C port. The USB-C port is essential in the downgrade process as it requires to be connected to a computer. Henceforth, only the Apple TV HD can be downgraded.
Take note that downgrading to tvOS 13 from tvOS will erase all of your data so be ready to install everything once you're done with the downgrade process. Let's start.
1. The first thing that you have to do is download the tvOS 13.4.8 firmware file from this link.
2. Now, connect your Apple TV HD to your computer via the USB-C cable and launch iTunes.
3. Your Apple TV HD will appear on the top left corner of the interface. Click on it to reveal more options.
4. Now click on the Restore Apple TV button while holding down the Left Shift Key on (Windows) and Left Options Key on (macOS).
5. Select the tvOS 13.4.8 firmware file that you downloaded in step 1.
6. iTunes will now extract the file automatically, restore your Apple TV and a prompt will appear notifying you that the process was successful.
That's all there is to it. Remember that you can not downgrade from tvOS 14 to tvOS 13 on your Apple TV 4K. The entire process should not take more than 15 minutes but make sure that you don't tamper with your PC or Mac during the updated process.
- watchOS 7 Final Released with Sleep Tracking, New Watch Faces, Workouts and More
- Official watchOS 7 Final Changelog and Release Notes
- tvOS 14 with Home Automation Update, 4K YouTube Support, AirPods Audio Sharing Now Available for Download
- How to Clean Install tvOS 14 Final Version on Apple TV HD
- Can I Downgrade watchOS 7 Final Back to watchOS 6 on Apple Watch?
Let us know in the comments how you liked tvOS 14 and why do you want to downgrade to the previous build.