How to Downgrade iOS 13.1 Beta to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Follow the complete step by step tutorial here on how to downgrade iOS 13.1 beta to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
At the time of writing, Apple is currently offering iOS 13.1 beta to developers, which, as the name suggests, will be offered to download to everyone else after iOS 13 has been seeded later this month. So, if at any point you decide that you don’t need to stay on iOS 13.1 beta and wish to downgrade back to iOS 12, then you can follow the tutorial which is outlined below.
Before you do that, make sure you have backed up everything on iCloud or iTunes. The downgrade iOS 13 .1 beta process will erase everything off your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you don’t have a backup at hand, then you will be left out in the cold, with no record of your precious data.
1. Download the iOS 12.4.1 IPSW firmware file and save it to your desktop.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable then launch iTunes.
3. Once your phone or tablet is detected, select it from the top left hand corner of iTunes then click on ‘Restore iPhone’ while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (Mac).
4. Select the iOS 12.4.1 IPSW file you downloaded in step 1 and the downgrade iOS 13.1 beta process will begin immediately.
The IPSW will first be extracted, restored to your device, verified with Apple and then everything will be complete. You will see the Hello screen in iOS when everything is done. At this point simply restore the backup you created or set up your device as brand new.
Looking to install iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 from scratch? Then you might want to follow the guides posted below:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Right Now [Guide]
- Clean Install iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using iTunes [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13 Beta (or iPadOS) to iOS 12 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Download iOS 13 Beta Over the Air Without Losing Files or Settings
- Download iOS 13 Beta Without Developer Account on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for Free
- iOS 13 Beta / iPadOS – Which Devices Are Compatible With the New Betas?
Looking to download the iOS 13 public beta or iPadOS 13 public beta? Then you might want to check out the following link: