Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Based CM13 on Galaxy S5 G900F
Team CM has released the latest CM13 custom ROM based on Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE G900F. Bringing the usual CM festivities with tons of customizations, you can now update Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow based custom ROM. Beware though, as the ROM is still being worked on, which means some functions may not work as expected. Follow this post for all the features and steps to flash CM13 ROM on your SGS5.
CM13 Android 6.0.1 highlights:
- Built from CM source
- Google Now
- Video playback
- Audio playback
- Internal SDcard mounting
- External SDcard mounting
- Video recording
- IR Blaster
Disclaimer: During the process, you might lose all of your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully and create a backup. This tutorial is only for CM13 ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Do not try this guide on any other Android device.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow Android 6.0.1 based CM13:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S5 to Marshmallow based CM13:
- Reboot your SGS5 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys until the screen flashes. After a few seconds, your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary to enable you to recover your current ROM if you don't like the new firmware. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset > Yes to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Next, Select install zip from sdcard > choose a zip from SD card. Locate the CM13 Android 6.0.1 custom ROM and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM installation will now begin.
- Once the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to repeat the above step to install GApps on your SGS5.
- When done, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone to the latest firmware
Enjoy CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow features on your Samsung Galaxy S5 and don't forget to share your experience with us.