How to Flash Galaxy S7 Edge Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Looking for a custom firmware that brings features from the latest smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5 and others to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Based on the latest Galaxy S7 edge official G935FXXU1APC8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Music of Life custom ROM is now available for Note 3. A port of Galaxy S7 UI, the firmware not only gets you the latest looks, but also offers stable and smooth performance. Follow this guide to update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 and get tons of Galaxy S7 edge features and looks.
Music of Life features:
- Based on Galaxy S7 edge official G935FXXU1APC8
- Most S7 edge apps
- Works on N9005
- Android 6.0.1
- Multiple Languages
- Dolby Plus
- Aroma Installer
- 5 way reboot MoL Style
- 420 DPI
- N5 Camera (SOME BUGS)
- N5 S Pen – Air Command Blurred
- N5 Action Memo
- S7 edge features:
- Floating Message
- Voice recorder
- Theme Center
- Theme Store
- Settings European
- Dialer & Contact
- Music Player
- My File
- Wallpaper Picker
- Galaxy App
- Smart Manager
Note: The link works with Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. You can follow the steps with other Samsung Galaxy devices, but do not use this ROM zip file with any other device.
Before you update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S7 ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Note 3 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM:
Required files: download Music of Life Android 6.0.1 for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Music of Life custom ROM and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing GApps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
For more details and support, please visit this XDA thread.