Guide to Install PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
PAC-ROM offers a unique custom ROM experience with amazing tweaks and customization choices. Bringing the best of many other ROMs, PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 custom ROM is now here to be flashed on your Galaxy Note 4. All the deliciousness of Marshmallow, typical PAC-ROM features and some bits from other best custom ROMs. The ROM is still in alpha stage, which means there could be some functions not working up to par. For more details, please visit the official website. Follow this guide to update Galaxy Note 4 N910F to PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Prerequisites to update Note 4 N910F to PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Note 4 N910F to PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1
Required files: download PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 custom ROM for Galaxy Note 4 N910F and save it on your computer. Also download Gapps package. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 4.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PAC-ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Repeat the above step, but choose Gapps instead of the ROM file.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 4 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter