How to Flash CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 edge
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge have received the official Android Marshmallow updates, however, there is no fun like the ROM-fun. If you are looking for Marshmallow custom ROMs for your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, we might have a little surprise for you. Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, CRISSCROSS custom firmware is now available for your curvy smartphone. Bringing some awesome features, including 5 Way Reboot Menu and Call Recorder, you also get Aroma Installer with this custom ROM.
Fast, stable and offering smooth and lag-free performance, follow this guide to flash CRISSCROSS Marshmallow custom ROM for Galaxy S6 edge G925K.
CRISSCROSS Marshmallow ROM:
- Private Mode fix
- Open all toggles in the Quickpanel with swipe from on right side of the screen (without double swipe)
- Next alarm on lockscreen on crisscross statusbars
- Outdoor mode in settings-display
- Set default animation speed of all three values to 0,25
- Touch key duration time (Settings-display-touch key duration time)
- Display scaling options in settings
- Disabled EndCall Screen
- 6 toggles in a row in expanded statusbar view
- All apps multiwindow
- 5 Way reboot menue
- Screenrecord and screenshot to reboot menu
- Rooted with SuperSU v2.71
- Deodex file system
- Busybox V1.24.1 included
- Aroma manager
For support and more details of this custom firmware, please visit this XDA thread.
Before you flash CRISSCROSS ROM for Galaxy S6 edge...
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash CRISSCROSS ROM for Galaxy S6 edge:
Required files: download the CrissCross Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925K and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CRISSCROSS custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925K into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.