Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge have received the official Android Marshmallow updates, however, there is no fun like the ROM-fun. If you are looking for Marshmallow custom ROMs for your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, we might have a little surprise for you. Based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, CRISSCROSS custom firmware is now available for your curvy smartphone. Bringing some awesome features, including 5 Way Reboot Menu and Call Recorder, you also get Aroma Installer with this custom ROM.
Fast, stable and offering smooth and lag-free performance, follow this guide to flash CRISSCROSS Marshmallow custom ROM for Galaxy S6 edge G925K.
CRISSCROSS Marshmallow ROM:
- Private Mode fix
- Open all toggles in the Quickpanel with swipe from on right side of the screen (without double swipe)
- Next alarm on lockscreen on crisscross statusbars
- Outdoor mode in settings-display
- Set default animation speed of all three values to 0,25
- Touch key duration time (Settings-display-touch key duration time)
- Display scaling options in settings
- Disabled EndCall Screen
- 6 toggles in a row in expanded statusbar view
- All apps multiwindow
- 5 Way reboot menue
- Screenrecord and screenshot to reboot menu
- Rooted with SuperSU v2.71
- Deodex file system
- Busybox V1.24.1 included
- Aroma manager
For support and more details of this custom firmware, please visit this XDA thread.
Before you flash CRISSCROSS ROM for Galaxy S6 edge...
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash CRISSCROSS ROM for Galaxy S6 edge:
Required files: download the CrissCross Android 6.0.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925K and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CRISSCROSS custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925K into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.