How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919
If you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, you will have to make do with some custom firmware. And, what would be better than the popular Resurrection Remix custom ROM? Based on the very latest iteration of Marshmallow, the firmware is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 model M919 as well. Follow this guide for all the features and steps to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 with Resurrection Remix ROM.
Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 features:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all cm 13 features
Prerequisites to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4 M919:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 M919 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to install Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S4:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 M919 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy the latest Android offering on your Galaxy S4. Don't forget to let us know if you liked this ROM and its features.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter