Install VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge – How to
Following Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, finally the Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge also receives the belated update. VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 is a major Lollipop update as it promises to fix some critical bugs and also brings in some new features. Many users have already received the Android 5.1.1 update but several regions are still waiting for this update. If you belong to this latter group, follow our guide to manually install G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 on Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge.
G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop details:
Model name GALAXY S6 Edge
Country Spint (cdma)
Version Android 5.1.1
Build date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 12:49:05 +0000
Product code SPR
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S6 Edge to G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update S6 Edge to G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1:
Required files: download G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Also, download Odin3 v3.10.6 for installation from here.
Here are the steps to flash G925PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 G925P:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S6 Download Mode.
- Connect your smartphone with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP / PDA and select the extracted .tar.md5 file.
- Make sure to uncheck Re-Partition and cick on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Lollipop update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925P.
Enjoy the latest improvements on your Edge.