Guide to Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Based Custom ROM – How to
You can now update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using a trusted old friend, crDroid custom ROM. Based on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware, crDroid brings a number of custom features like AdBlocker and Ambient Backlight control. Scroll down to read more about these customized features and other details of the ROM. Follow this guide to flash Android 6.0 based crDroid custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505.
crDroid Android 6.0 features:
Volume panel timeout
Slim recents panel
Clear recents location
Lock app on recents panel
SlimRoms Heads up (with snooze time, timeout, touch to hide and swipe behavior)
SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
Power menu in navring targets
SlimPie controls with all working
Sound panel option om power menu
Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
Power menu and notifications tiles
Four tiles per row
Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
CAF task manager
Ambient display with a bunch of options
System apps remover
Network traffic meter
RAM bar in recents panel
Battery saver enhancements
Non intrusive incoming call
Option to disable battery saver orange bars
Touch outside behavior
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 crDroid custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow crDroid ROM:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the crDroid Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9505 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Enjoy the latest Android offering on your Galaxy S4. Don't forget to let us know if you like this ROM and its features.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter