How to Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 to iOS 12.4 for Unc0ver Jailbreak
Here's how you can downgrade iOS 12.4.1 to iOS 12.4 on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch if you want to jailbreak.
Apple released iOS 12.4.1 yesterday and - surprise, surprise - it kills the latest Unc0ver jailbreak on iOS 12.4. If you were hoping to jailbreak your iPhone and accidentally updated to iOS 12.4.1 then don't worry, we'll show you how you can downgrade iOS 12.4.1 to iOS 12.4 right now.
Note: The downgrade process is going to wipe your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch clean. So make sure that you have backed up everything to either iTunes or iCloud.
1. Assuming you have backed up everything, download the iOS 12.4 IPSW meant for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and save it to the desktop for easy access. Make sure you download the correct file otherwise the process will just fail no matter what you do.
2. Once the download is complete, connect your phone or tablet to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes. If you haven't downloaded iTunes already then you may do so by going to: apple.com/itunes
3. Select the tiny little phone / tablet like icon on the top left hand side of iTunes to reveal more options.
4. Now click on the 'Restore iPhone / iPad' button while holding down the left Shift key (Windows) or the left Option key (Mac).
5. Select the iOS 12.4 firmware file you downloaded in step 1.
6. iTunes will now unpack the contents of the iOS 12.4 update, restore your device, verify everything with Apple after which you can start using your device. At that point, you can restore the backup you created ahead of this tutorial or just set up your device as brand new. Entirely your call.
If you downgraded solely for the sake of jailbreaking iOS 12.4 then you found yourself in a very, very lucky position today. There's no telling when Apple will stop signing iOS 12.4, killing the downgrade altogether.
While you are here, you may also like to check out the following: