Finally! Unc0ver Jailbreak Released For iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 – Here’s Everything You Should Know
After resting in the development phase for months, the @pwn20wnd team has finally released 31 unc0ver 3.0.0. That’s right, the wait is finally over and you can install unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 right now which also features Cydia and Substrate compatibility. At this point in time, the jailbreak tool only supports A8X – A11 powered iOS devices like the iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone X. Support for A12 devices will be added soon in a future update. Let’s dive in to see some more details on the matter.
Unc0ver Jailbreak For iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 Finally Released – Install Now!
If you’ve been following the news previously, it was stated that the unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 will add support for iOS devices with an A12 processor. At this point in time, the support od only present in A8X through A11 chips. With the release of the latest beta, you now have the option available to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2.
There are several refinements made to the overall jailbreak process ensuring it is smooth and fluid. Beta 30 and 31 comes with the following changelog which is taken directly from the project’s GitHub page:
- Update libapt in bundled pacakges
- Change how ldrestart is called to something that supposedly makes it more reliable
- Attempt to make renaming the system snapshot safer by improving assertion.
As it has been stated earlier, the latest IPA of unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 is now available for download. It carries support for Cydia and Substrate on the devices ensuring a stable jailbreak experience. This time, it seems the team is heavily focusing on the stability and fluidity of the jailbreak. Other than this, the promise to extend unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 to additional devices is underway. Keep in mind the following things if you wish to proceed.
- Delete OTA file from Settings – Storage if present and reboot before attempting the jailbreak to prevent a possible bootloop
- This versions contains full-fledged Cydia and Substrate support for iOS 12 on compatible devices that are listed above. This means that Cydia and Tweaks are fully functional
- Some repos may not function with Cydia/APT yet due to a bug in Apple’s code on iOS 12 (See https://twitter.com/sbingner/status/1099050396557893632)
- This is considered to be safe to try as long as you make sure you have no downloaded OTA file
- It is still possible to restore or downgrade your device to iOS 12.1.1~b3 to use this jailbreak even if you are on iOS 12.1.3 or up (See https://twitter.com/Pwn20wnd/status/1093191940831567872)
- Reboot and re-attempt the jailbreak if it gets stuck at “Extracting Cydia…”
Even though it is still in the beta phase, you still have the option available to jailbreak your compatible iOS device using the latest unc0ver tool. If you have updated your device to Apple’s latest iOS 12.1.4, you still have the option available to downgrade to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 as it is still being signed by the company.
- Download the latest beta of unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 from the GitHub page.
- Here’s How To Jailbreak Your iPhone And iPad Using The New Unc0ver Jailbreak For iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2
- Unc0ver Jailbreak For iOS 12 Causing Cydia Crashes? Here’s An Easy Fix
- Jailbreak Your iOS Device Using Unc0ver Jailbreak For iOS 12 Without A Computer [Tutorial]
- Unc0ver Jailbreak For iOS 12 Receives Crucial Update With Fix For ‘Reload System Daemons’ Failure
There will be more to the story, so be sure to stay tuned in for more details on the matter. This is all for now, folks. What are your thoughts on the matter? Would you be interested in using unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2? Let us know in the comments.