Will Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Wipe Out Cracked Screens?
Corning has today released the fourth generation of its popular Gorilla glass. Gorilla Glass 4 claims to be more resistant to shatters and drops providing greater protection. Gorilla Glass is still not completely shatter proof, however, it will now give you consolation that about 80% of times your device will survive the drop of one meter even on rough surfaces. Gorilla glass is popular for its being used in the iPad and iPhone models since 2012.
Gorilla Glass 4 - twice as strong!
Corning Gorilla Glass 4 offers twice the protection against shatters and drops as the Gorilla Glass 3. Tests conducted at Corning's labs proved that the latest generation of Gorilla can withstand drop tests twice as better than its competition and previous generation glass. The Corning Gorilla Glass 4 will protect the devices even on the roughest roads as it is being claimed that tests are conducted using 180-grit sandpaper “on rough surfaces that best approximate the real world of jagged streets, sidewalks and parking lots.”
Corning has started sending out samples to manufacturers and we are likely to see the latest generation of this strong glass in the upcoming flagship smartphones, most certainly in the iPhones. Cliff Hund, Corning East Asia president, explains that while sapphire is top of the line, Gorilla glass beats it when it comes to durability. Sapphire is also a strong candidate to be used by Apple in its products.
Black Friday 2014 deals on gadgets:
- Save Big on Different Models of iPad, iPad Air, and iPad mini – Black Friday
- Black Friday Deals on iMac 5k, iMac, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air Models
- Best Buy Black Friday 2014 Deals on iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, and HDTVs
- Best Walmart Black Friday 2014 Deals on Gaming Consoles, Displays, Tablets, and Smartphones!
- Apple iPhone 6 Black Friday Deals and Discounts
- Best Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Other Smartphones