Apps Running on 4.7-inch iPhone 6 Larger Display Screen – Images
How would apps look like on 4.7 inch iPhone 6:
Apple launching the larger 4.7 inch iPhone 6 is almost confirmed now sans some official confirmation, which won't come until the launch day. So why not see how the apps would look like when optimized for running on the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 with larger screen panel.
According to reports, Apple may retain the same pixel density with its larger 4.7 inch iPhone 6 display too as with the current 4-inch panel of 5s. The display panel is supposed to be Retina and rather than making the display sharper, Apple would stuff in the pixels to fill out the larger display area keeping the resolution intact.
These calculations are made by a Verge forum user Pi who has also worked on how apps which have not been optimized for larger iPhone 6 will be letterboxed, much the same what happens when iPad tries to handle iPhone apps. He has showed how some easy optimizations done by developers for increase screen estate would bring the same awesomeness back to larger iPhone 6. Here are the images of how apps will run on a 4.7 inch iPhone 6 larger screen panel:
If Pi is indeed right about Apple retaining the resolution, this might irk some users who would compare the larger iPhone 6 with other smartphones sporting similar - or even larger - real estate with increased sharpness. However, considering the popularity of Apple's LCD screens rather than AMOLED, it is obvious that Apple would manage to get its fanbase stick to iPhones with the usual marketing and loyalty tactics.
- Source: Verge
Some of this weeks' top hits:
- iPhone 6 Launch Dates: 4.7″ iPhone in September, 5.5″ Phablet Planned for Christmas
- Finally We’ll be Able Charge up Our Smartphones in 30 seconds!
- 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina to Get Touch ID, A8 Processor, and an 8MP Camera
- Gems Hidden in Samsung Galaxy S5 In-House ISOCELL Sensor
- First Leaks of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specs Hit the Interwebs
- How to Get Faster Web Browsing on Android Devices – Android Tips & Tricks