Motorola is apparently beating the master Google itself by adorning its devices with the sweetness of Android 5.0 Lollipop. It shouldn't be a big surprise to many as Motorola is quite popular for releasing latest Android updates earlier than other OEMs do. Motorola is improving its game even more this year by releasing the updates before even the Nexus line up gets it. Motorola is right now rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop for 2014 Moto X and the 2014 Moto G.
Moto X and Moto G get Lollipop:
Motorola was ahead of Google with KitKat update too as Moto X received KitKat before Nexus 4 could. Pure Edition of 2014 Moto X is getting the soak test which is a limited rollout coming before the wider release. However, even those who haven't signed up for the soak test are receiving the notification. The early build ensures that everything is running fine with no major problems detected in the build. OTA file of the soak test is also available for those who have an unrooted Moto X and who haven't received the notification. So even if your device isn't Pure Edition, you can still try the Lollipop.
Google is still to release public updates which are expected to happen after Nexus 6 is released on November 12. Motorola might also be forced to release the official public release after that day to keep Nexus 6 as the first device to be powered by Lollipop.
- Related news, updates, guides:
- Enjoy Material Design and New TouchWiz with Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy S4
- You can Now Root Android Lollipop on Nexus 9 – Thanks to Chainfire
- Android L Ported Unofficially; Click Here For Sony Samsung And Nexus Download Links
- Install Android Lollipop Keyboard 4.0 on Your Devices – How to
- Complete Set of Android 5.0 Lollipop Wallpapers for All Devices
- Android Celebrates its 7th Birthday Today – Powers 85 of Every 100 Phones
- Source: ArsTechnica